GDR Structural Engineers Inc. is a small consulting practice specializing in structural engineering design and structural related services. The corporation was established in 2015 by the current principal George De Ridder, drawing on 42 years consulting experience in the field of structural engineering in western Canada and continental Africa.
While located in southern British Columbia near Vancouver, we undertake services for clients across Canada and abroad, depending on the scope of work. Work is executed by attending in person in-field, on-line, by land mail or phone as dictated by project specifics.
Our practice strives to always provide the most efficient or innovative solution, dedicated to deliver work that meets a client’s terms on quality, time and cost through the following core practices and values …
- quality managed practice based on APEGBC www.apeg.bc.ca professional guidelines
- small practice with low overheads and high mobility
- application of state of the art software such as PROKON www.prokon.com and on-line access to technical library of IStructE www.istructe.org/about-us abreast of the latest international technology
- personal involvement of the Principal Engineer in all projects from inception to completion
- commitment to deadlines and budgets
- through continuous reporting and communication with client and representatives
- economical, practical design without compromising regulatory and professional standards
- attention to detail
- subcontracting to design or construction firms
- continuous professional training and development through SEABC http://seabc.ca/about.html and IStructE www.istructe.org/about-us